View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 04, 2019 at 08:47 PM

I am sorry you are struggling with this. Look, Twitch, I don't know where you live and so I have no idea what the hospital situation is, say, within a 90-minute drive of your home. But I do know this much. I have spent more time in the hospital than anyone I know since 2005. Years, quite literally, years, have I been in the hospital. Let's just say, more than three years total. Some were lousy and clearly below the standard of care. But others have been awesome. It's never fun to be in the hospital, I agree. But not all psych hospitals suck. Some are superb. If people think you really need to go to the hospital again at some point, why not find one that doesn't suck? They are out there, irrespective of where you live. I live in Portland, but I have been hospitalized in Chicago and Santa Fe and some other places as well, because folks thought that was where I should be. Without getting into it, I spent over a year in a hospital well outside of my city. Chicago and Santa Fe were great. The other place was great. So, they are out there.

I am not failing to heard your clear disdain for your past experiences, but I am telling you as an expert in the matter that there are good psych hospitals available to you should you need them. Maybe you ought to look into that. All the best--

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Lilly2, Twitch99