View Single Post
dotcat

Member Since Nov 2019
Default Nov 05, 2019 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
If I were needing the services of a funeral home or someone who would need services for cremation that means a loved one has died and my receiving a note like that would absolutely make me explode in anger. I have Bipolar myself but I would likely verbally attack someone if handed such a thing.

You mentioned a “ manic” episode? Bipolar ? You said when you have trouble to go and get on medication.. do you take medication daily or only when you need it??
Yeah, I feel your sentiment. Thanks for not mincing words. Anger is a common emotion at the arrangement table already, escalation seems fitting. De-escalation techniques is one of my personal assessment goals. It appears I'm moving in the right direction if I'm consulting in regards to a bright idea.

As for medication: yes, I'm medicated. Lithium ER works well. Zoloft currently is failing....new psych on Friday. Current psych made a passing comment about hoping I find how to control my feelings, while signing up for college mental health services. Hopefully I'll transition back to Wellbutrin since my neuroprotective is working. On lamictal and phenobarbital I'd run high hypomanic about 3 hours a day with Wellbutrin. At least in my region the 2 med cocktail is the aim of most psychiatrists. I'd like to try titrating on to luarasidone, in conjunctive therapy following this depressive episode that's beating down my Zoloft effectiveness. Any amount of euthymia I get is heavily checkered with mixed state days. And I absolutely despise the way olanzapine feels after 3 weeks.