View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 05, 2019 at 03:57 PM

There was the fallout I had with the whole family last year over basically nothing. There was never any repairation from that, except that I continued to keep in touch with my Mom and try to not fight with her anymore. Then this further fallout happened with my son. My mom was hurt by him, too. There was much conversation between her and my sisters about that, but neither of them ever called me to even say they were sorry it was happening. Both sisters seem to me to have been supportive to my son, because neither said one word of support to me, and one went to the wedding despite no one else on our side did.

So I take it all at what it seems. They don’t like me. Did they ever? Was it that we had one disagreement over something unimportant and they turned to enemies?

Now my mom has a pattern to act like nothing happened, don’t ever apologize, just erase and move on. So I am thinking I can do the same with my sisters if I choose to call them. Neither of them have ever called me again aside from one contact about necessary information.

Would it make me feel more comfortable to know I had to swallow my pride, call someone who I mean nothing to, and make some bs smalltalk?

Maybe in time the anxiety lessens and it’s better to keep to people who truly like and care about me.

I have a couple of friends who have been wonderfully supportive in this, and I really appreciate them! I’m a likable person. I didn’t do anything to warrant being disliked and mistreated like this. So what’s their beef?

Believe it or not, it may be as ridiculously simple as they think we have different political affiliations as they do— which we really don’t! Sometimes someone’s reason for hating you is as stupid as that!

I bring up the political thing because that was the reason for the fallout last year. I made one comment because I kept an open mind and they went for my blood like hungry sharks!

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Open Eyes, TunedOut