View Single Post
Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 05, 2019 at 04:19 PM

Fuzzybear,

Thank you so much for starting this thread. Many of your threads bring about useful discussions. We do our best to support one another. For some reason, however, when I click on the "New Threads" icon at the top, not all of the new threads are being shown, so it is easy to miss unless we physically go to a person's profile and click on "statistics" and then on "all threads started..." I think. Otherwise, there's looking in the individual forums and scrolling, or clicking on "Today's posts" or "New posts" icons at the top. I'm still trying to figure out what all the icons and buttons on PC mean, LOL.

Anyway, I'm sorry you experienced therapy abuse. (((safe hugs)))

Misdiagnosis is common among those with DID. It's not easy for us to navigate the system and feel frustrated with different misdiagnoses and therefore mistreatments. Sometimes those mistreatments lead to "iatrogenic effects" or effects that have a different reaction than the one intended by the T. Iatrogenic effects are not necessarily "harmful" in the sense that the T intended it, but it feels harmful to us because nothing works when that happens. And sometimes the effects of certain things do actually harm us, or make our conditions worse.

(((safe hugs)))

Thank you for a great thread!
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear, Purple,Violet,Blue, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear