Chat Moderator

Member Since Dec 2016
4,864 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 06, 2019 at 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
First sorry this is happening to you. I’m wondering if you are on metformin or anything like that...it’s notorious for causing diarrhea.

Nope...no metformin. The only thing that changed was abilify pills to injections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I'm so sorry you're going through such a stressful health issue. Odd that we all have bodies that are human bodies, yet there is embarrassment when we discuss stuff about our GI symptoms.

Of course I have no way of knowing for sure, but my bet is on the Abilify change. Years ago I was started on a medication that caused me to pee in the bed during sleep. It was horrible.

I hope your problem can be easily worked out.

Yeah, I agree. I need to talk to my pdoc about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly2 View Post

Can you ask your doc if it is C-diff? Or some other GI issue? I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.

(((safe hugs)))

Well I'm in the process of figuring out what's going wrong, no infections has been confirmed, so all is good there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMop View Post
I’m so sorry! That is very stressful not to mention uncomfortable and painful. I hope you are able to figure out the cause and hopefully you can get help with getting it under control.

Thank you! I hope so too. It's definitely stressful and I have pain a fair bit lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum220 View Post
I tried Abilify pills. It made me incontinent. Stopped them problem went away. I know of others who have had this issue with Abilify.

Oh wow, so I'm not alone in this. Funny that the pills didn't cause any of these problems to my knowledge...was it okay to ask if it was bladder, bowel, or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter
I hear you, that sounds awful! Did you see the nurse?

I did! I also saw a doctor. We're investigating things now.

I just got back from an ultrasound this morning for gallstones. No problems there. So they're gonna run more tests soon, not sure what yet. Cause even if Abilify is making me incontinent, it does not explain the issues I have with constantly alternating constipation, diarrhea, and such. I also have issues with straining even with soft stools. I wonder if I have issues with my pelvic floor muscles. I want to exercise them but need to get clearance medically before that.
Findingreason is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, Lilly2

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter