View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 07, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Well, the work saga has ended. I went to the meeting on the 5th and while I was waiting for others to come in, my boss came in with a folder. She said she was meeting with me to terminate my contract and showed me the termination letter to read and sign. I was technically fired due to "needs of the business", the most general, common category. Basically, if they say that and pay me what I am owed, it's hard to sue for wrongful termination. Wrongful termination is tough to prove anyways in a case like mine. I know crap was going on behind the scenes to make it look like my work was deficient, but I can't prove it. So, I'm just happy I will get paid and have a financial buffer while I figure out what to do next. I ran their calculations through a simulator on the labor department website and it is properly calculated.

On the 15th I go to the notary to sign the termination documents and get my check. With that I can claim what's in my unemployment account. It turns out, I won't be the only one. The one person in my department I have contact with out of work said they fired someone else in our department too. Apparently, he had no idea what hit him. At least I was prepared for my situation. As they say in Spanish, mine was a "muerte anunciada".

My husband was looking at the termination later and it appears they screwed up. They mention paying me for November on the 29th, but don't indicate anything about through the 5th or days worked. He thinks if I only get paid the 5 days and I go to the labor inspector, I may be able to get the rest of the month paid. That would be nice!

I am proud that I stayed calm in the meeting. Just said okay and signed the papers. I guess I had enough time to accept it and realize it was for the best. I'm glad that they had to pay me, they couldn't get me to quit so they didn't have to pay. I didn't make it easy on them! A victory in a way, I guess.

According to my former co-worker, the environment has gotten even more toxic after two people were fired in the same day. Everyone is confused about what happened and worried if they are next. Another good reason to be out of there.

I stopped by the office yesterday to drop off the computer monitor and headset. Our boss' boss saw me but acted like he didn't. As I said to my husband, I must have had my invisibility cloak on really tightly! HR treated me well at least.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, SlumberKitty, Turtle_Rider

Thanks for this!
LilyMop, seesaw