AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Scott88keys,

I fought this battle for years with one of my sons. When he was in preschool, he preferred to play with the girls and “girly” toys. His teacher went so far as to get him seen by the school psych. Who btw, told her that he is a perfectly normal, compassionate caring child. I was so angry I just blew, this teacher thought that she was giving me some good news. I love my children as they are. But you would be surprised by acquaintances that would approach us at the park or beach and say “take that doll away from him, you need to nip this in the bud.”

It’s been 13 years, that particular child is an honor student and has a girlfriend, but is still very particular about his clothing. He loves wearing suits (If you’re old enough think Alex P. Keaton). The woman who felt it was so important to tell me how to raise my kids has a son a few years older than mine and is serving time for dealing drugs.

As one of my favorite comedians says “you can’t fix stupid.”

Cyran0, I wish I could say that things in the public school system has changed, but it hasn't. It makes me so angry that the schools aren't ensuring a safe learning environment for all.