Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
I used to have a severe problem with agitation (Like really severe) when I was 16. I know it's normal for teens to be angry but I was over the top which is why the stupid doctor gave me a bottle of 120 klonopin.

Now I never get agitated. If any, very very little. Except two years ago at the end of my injection I went off at my sister and my mom and apparently had really bad pure obsessional OCD thoughts (The worst I've ever had).

So it could be autism but the antipsychotic seems to have cured that. They use risperidone for agitation in autism. Other than that, I'm completely normal. I don't like that my therapist tries to coerce me into thinking I don't have schizophrenia because she's fascinated by aspergers. I don't have enough symptoms to be considered having that. It's PDD-NOS.

I researched this and it says you can't be diagnosed with schizophrenia if you have autism - Only if you have PDD-NOS and have had hallucinations and such which I've had so it makes sense.

It feels like I'm the only one that is making sense and my therapist is jumping to conclusions. They're just labels but specific labels that can cause harm if used incorrectly and thrown around carelessly because they determine the type of medication and treatment. Medication can be good but I know that antipsychotics can cause damage and it has to be a very very careful process.

It's like I'm the only one that's being careful with this. I was never careful on the high dose Abilify because it made me extremely reckless and have zero insight to risk. Now I'm careful.
I used to think I might have Aspergers but I did the seeing the mind in the eyes test and it basically ruled that out. Have you ever taken that test it’s pretty conclusive.

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn, SlumberKitty