View Single Post
JanieDoe

Member Since Nov 2019
6 hugs
given
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Hi,
I am new to these forums and I want to say right off the bat that I have not been diagnosed with any dissociative disorder. I do not indent to self-diagnose.

The reason I feel compelled to post here is because for the past handful of years I’ve been dealing with increasing symptoms of dissociation- depersonalization, derealization, the voices in my head, confusion, almost constant nightmares. All of these things I thought were just normal until I realized I have bouts of missing time, so I started researching.

In the past couple of months I have hit such a low in my life, and it’s gotten to the point that I worry I’ll hit rock bottom and won’t be able to climb back up. I know I need to seek therapy, but I feel stuck and terrified to do so. I’ve seen a couple therapists before, but not nearly long enough, or I’m just not open enough because I’m scared I guess.

No one in my life truly knows what is going on with me. It’s taken me some time to even reach out here, I guess I’m here seeking support and any advice you care to offer.

Thanks to anyone that took the time read this.
JanieDoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Lilly2, Rive1976, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
Amyjay, Skeezyks, stahrgeyzer