View Single Post
Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 09, 2019 at 03:16 PM

I'm petite and plus - I wear anywhere between 14 and 18. My body is no longer the hourglass shape it was, and my stomach is shaped like a P. I'm 5'2". There may be something causing the fat to accumulate on my upper abdomen (right below my breasts). Thus, to hide all the rolls on top, I wear an 18 (1x) to hide it all. The sleeves are sometimes too long or too short, depending, or too big. I have scars on my arms, so I need long sleeves (that is, until I can afford skin graphing surgery), and I prefer the wrist areas to be tight (so the sleeve doesn't roll up and reveal my scars, but that's hard to find in tops that are 1x or size 18). (I'm NOT a self-injurer, but there are SI scars that I've had from a one-time reaction to meds that caused me to dissociate.) Anyway, I've been trying to find clothing that properly fits me. My bottoms range between 14 and 16, depending. The petite tops have too short of arms that will adequately cover my full wrists, so I tend to order normal for those to hide any and all scars, though the wrist areas tend to be too huge. Overall, I order 18 or XXL or 1x in tops (not petite) while ordering 16 petite in bottoms.

Any clothing store suggestions, based on my above descriptions? I've tried Lane Bryant, and some of their petite stuff is okay, but some of it isn't.

I need to find dress pants that fit me properly, along with some tops that are big enough with long sleeves and tight wrists.

I looked over the suggestions made here, but I'm looking for clothing brands more so than the name of the store.

Torrid isn't my thing; it was about 15 years ago (after giving birth), but no longer.

I'm more conservative in dress style.

Thank you!
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote