View Single Post
Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Nov 10, 2019 at 04:15 PM

This afternoon we found a splendid Georgian mansion of 6 bedrooms plus a loft conversion that was very carefully restyored to its original condition.

The garden is very big, cotaining walnut trees though these are dormant for the season, an oak and an ash tree, and also rare and very old Mulberry tree which the vendors said fruits. The garden contains mature shrubs, a beautiful camelia I saw and ceanothus lilacs of considerable size.

The entire plot is walled throughout, is 3ft thick and beautifully lined with Sussex flint, an exceptionally fine example of British craftsmanship.

The house has 2 reception rooms one of which can be used as a dining room. The lounge which is partially lined with books on oak shelving is enormous. We are well pleased with the kitchen, central to it is a big range made by a well known French company; its name escapes me.

Full gas central heating throughout, the lounge has an antique pale blue wood stove whose enammelled pipe runs through the upper rooms, adding to their warmth. Simply put, this Georgain mansion is beautiful though costly. The drive winds around fir trees that stop nosy people from seeing the property and those Sussex flint walls have been fitted with high wrought iron gates. Hopefully those will keep any riffraff out.

We made a sensible offer which was accepted. A full buildings survey will commence in the middle of next week. If our conveyancer gets moving as promised, we should be able to move before January 2020 is out. With good fortune we may even be able to complete before Christmas. The thought of having a 10ft Christmas tree in the oak floored hall would be incredible.

I wish to thank everyone who have supported me on this topic. I thank you very much indeed.

Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48850