View Single Post
Twitch99

Member Since Sep 2019
32 hugs
given
Default Nov 10, 2019 at 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaxy View Post
Sounds like you were admitted to a hospital that is not operating well. Perhaps exploration of other alternative options would be ideal. Your experience, while experienced by others, is not the norm for inpatient mental nor physical health stays.
The thing about it is that was one of the best mental hospitals in my (large) city. Did some digging and found the "best" psych facility in my city. Found out it was located in the hood. (I don't use that term lightly.) So I got to thinking. "How can they good staff if they are in such a bad part of the city?" Started looking at their reviews and saw things like patient meds frequently getting mixed up, if you voluntarily check in you can't leave AMA, if you try to leave AMA the "process" takes over 12 hours, staff calling wrong numbers and divulging all of your personal medical records to complete strangers. The list goes on. I just stopped reading after the reviews went back 7 months. I saw what I needed to see by that point.

Had a therapist describe our city's mental health care as the arm pit of America. So there are no good options for me. I am not going back to in patient. Should have done this last time but next time I go somewhere wither it be a new psych or IOP or whatever I am not giving them my real address. I will also sign up for 1 of those internet phone numbers so I can disconnect it at any point.
Twitch99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote