View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Nov 11, 2019 at 12:06 AM

I agree with everything @Mendingmysoul wrote. Don't let the victim shamers shut you up. I always suspect that those who try to silence talk about abuse do so because they are guilty in some way themselves. I kept my family's secrets for decades and when I got tired of hiding the truth and posted something like what you said, I became socially unacceptable among most of my former acquaintances, which is why I come here instead. It's a relief to know others feel the same way. I'm also really touchy about people disrespecting my boundaries. For some reason predatory older men think I look easy to catch and control, but my childhood turned me mean rather than scared so I don't feel that vulnerable. When I had a stalker, I kept a weapon next to my bed and laughed at how he would feel if he tried to climb through my window and got bludgeoned. It always helps to have a plan of action or some pepper spray in case something you worry about should happen.

I'm wondering how you handle your social life? Do you act positive and normal around most people? That's the thing I struggle with. It feels sick to keep up appearanced but letting people see that I'm depressed or angry gets me labeled as negative or toxic. I'd like to know how other people deal with social interactions.

Thanks for sharing. It made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one facing that problem.
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Lilly2, Mendingmysoul