Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 11, 2019 at 08:59 AM

Hey @pricehaylein
There are two things that come to mind:

Quote:
A hypochondriac is someone who lives with the fear that they have a serious, but undiagnosed medical condition, even though diagnostic tests show there is nothing wrong with them. Hypochondriacs experience extreme anxiety from the bodily responses most people take for granted
Quote:
Factitious Disorder Imposed on Self (Munchausen Syndrome)
Factitious disorder imposed on self, formerly Munchausen syndrome, is a type of mental illness in which a person repeatedly acts as if he or she has a physical or mental disorder when, in truth, he or she has caused the symptoms. Munchausen syndrome is a mental illness associated with severe emotional difficulties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricehaylein View Post
I think I may have Munchausens syndrome. I always start with symptoms i am experiencing with tests coming back negative. And slowly I exaggerate my symptoms for attention. I am always seeking attention. I think it stems from childhood neglect. But it is very stressful for me. I am always obsessed with some kind of illness and thinking I have it and lying about having the symptoms. I am worried I will do something that will hurt myself or someone else. What should i do
Which one of these do you think applies to you?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
possum220