View Single Post
Amyjay
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 11, 2019 at 01:58 PM

Two of my alters that like to play a LOT are Vee and Sam. They were created to "house" the human need to play, I suppose. Vee is trauma free and her purpose is to connect with others in play. The other alters were all too traumatised to play, so she did it. And she was fiercely protected from every bit of trauma that was thrown our way.
She gets positively triggered by - play! If other children are playing she often is triggered out to play too. She absolutely loves to play. It is a little embarrassing for us adults, as most often at any gathering of people she will be off somewhere playing with the children. It serves two purposes I suppose - to fulfil the human need for play and to avoid potential trauma (that might come from interacting with adults).
Vee is also triggered out in toy stores. When we see the toy aisles she often leaps to the front. Just a few days ago she was practically dancing in the toy aisles with joy because she saw a new toy she wanted. Again, it can be embarrassing.
Sam is older but is fiercely protective of the role of childhood. Sam refuses to grow up any further, point blank, and protects the right to play. Sam was forced to do take on a caretaker role at a young age and did what was required but then created time and space for play (during childhood). Sam still maintains a self-image as a child and is driven to seek out and protect "play".
Both are very handy alters to have. Both enabled us to have times of play and enjoyment during the wasteland of our childhood. Both still protect the right today.
And both are dissociative type alters that are triggered by play. One by the possibility of play (Vee, triggered by toys, children, the sounds of playing) and the other when the right to play is threatened (Sam).
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Lilly2, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Lilly2