Thread: Being Reminded
View Single Post
Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 11, 2019 at 03:05 PM

My friend, who is currently an officer in the Armed Forces, had to remind me about a photo that was posted. I totally forgot that, before his officer days, way back when I served as security before enlisting into the Marines, that we used to all hang out together, drink and take the after-party to the barracks where he and other enlistees resided. It's no wonder I recognized the photo that was taken (not of me, but of him, some other people I can't remember, and the side of his barracks).

I asked him where that was taken, and he said, "The barracks; you were there."

My unmentioned thought, "I was?"

It took me a while to recognize it and wonder why it seemed so familiar. "Oh, that's right, I was," I replied.

Having DID means forgetting sometimes, or maybe some sort of strange amnesia when everything gets mushed together. I wonder if I'm even the host sometimes. I faintly remember things - especially before experiencing MST and even thereafter. I forget *good* times, not just traumatic times, which kinda sucks.

Anyway, it felt nice to converse with them a bit.

I wish I didn't have amnesia or DID. Or whatever memory problems are preventing me from reconnecting with people I knew or once knew but forgot about.
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Alatea, Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, TunedOut