View Single Post
bdgirl9918

Member Since Mar 2019
21 hugs
given
Default Nov 11, 2019 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleflynn View Post
I am shocked at your counselor's behavior; they should be trained in how to help someone. Is there a teacher you can trust to talk to? You can call the Domestic Violence Hotline; they can be very helpful. Make sure you do it away from your mom. This is verbal abuse just as dangerous and traumatic as physical violence. Her abuse has nothing to do with who you are. She is full of rage and hates herself and takes it out on you. She wants to control your life, but she cannot; once you turn 18, you can get away from her. I had a mother like that, and so I understand. xo

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I am afraid to talk to the teachers at my school because I’m either not close to them, or since I attend such a small school, word will get out to everyone. If anything, they’d probably refer me back to the social worker who made those remarks towards me. I, however, have been talking to my best friend about this because her mother is very similar to mine, so I have someone to relate to. I don’t believe that talking to her will change my situation, but it at least gives me some emotional stability. I haven’t called the hotline yet, but CPS has been contacted before and nothing was done because there “wasn’t enough evidence”. I will be graduating high school early next year when I am sixteen. I plan on moving to either New York or Boston to pursue a dance or musical theater major in college, and I plan on moving with just my dad. My mom keeps saying she will move with me though and I don’t think I can stop her. My dad has been subtly hinting to her that it is best that she stays here where we currently live, so hopefully that will help.
bdgirl9918 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote