View Single Post
justagirl2019

Member Since Nov 2019
8 hugs
given
Default Nov 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting. I really need someone's help. Without going into details, I have a feeling my therapist of 8 years is going to end things when we meet next week. I sent her a very long email on Friday divulging a lot of things - including my obsession with finding out everything I possibly can about her and her family and friends over the past 8 years (I've done some serious digging and crossed many boundaries). I have a sick obsession and I can't quit. I've hinted at this before with her, and she said we would work through it together - and I kept telling her I never wanted to talk about it. She has been the best therapist ever - extending herself in ways that I am eternally grateful for. She is perfect. Anyways, she sent me a text that leads me to believe she is too angry to continue with me. I know her so well at this point, I can read her very well. I even mentioned in my email that maybe I need to cut ties completely with her because it's too painful to know about her real life (because I want to be with her at all times). Again, I think "the talk" is happening next week and I'm beside myself. I don't want to lose her. She won't even talk to me on the phone because "this needs to be discussed in person"

If anyone has been "fired" by a long-time therapist that you were really attached to, can you please let me know how you handled it? What you did to stay strong? I feel like I want to die.
justagirl2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
arielawhile, ElectricManatee, InnerPeace111, LonesomeTonight, Out There, SlumberKitty, stahrgeyzer, Taylor27, TeaVicar?