Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneTennison1 View Post
This is my fear for you with pastor T, he is treating you from his religious viewpoint that you can pray away the feelings . What you go through is a coping behaviour to deal with some huge feelings and emotions, no amount of just having enough faith will make that go away. SH is not an indication that your faith wasn't big or strong enough. Someone skilled in mental health treatment might be a better fit.

He doesn't seem to be helping overall.
Thanks @JaneTennison1. He does have a PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy and has passed to licensing board, so he does have some schooling behind him. But he is definitely approaching this from a religious standpoint. Which I've never really tried to do before so I'm trying to give it a go, to see if it helps the SH because frankly, nothing has. He says he wants to trigger for Christianity
Possible trigger:
I'm not sure how to do that. He wants me to
Possible trigger:
and I'm really trying but I also think I'm really failing. It's complicated. I think he does care a lot about me. But I am angry with him for him unilaterally deciding that I can't SH to get through my appointment. It's not like we came together an decided it. It's just "You can't do this!" And then after my appointment last night I called a friend and I had told her about the recent SH, last weekend's and the weekend's before that, and she was like, why didn't you come to me? That hurts me. And I just felt like crap. I'm trying to be more open about my SH but this is also the same friend who says she doesn't understand it. So I'm struggling today and I want to SH and I know that I can't and it's miserable feeling. Thanks for the care and support though, Couchies, you all rock! Hugs Kit

Hugs from:
atisketatasket, chihirochild, LonesomeTonight, WarmFuzzySocks