View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2019 at 09:58 AM

Before an update at the three month mark, thanks to everyone who has offered advice.

Two days ago, Mother started dropping hints. Today, after shopping, it came up again. When I said it was disgraceful I hadn't received an apology, she commented I wasn't considering her position and health. She assumed (correctly) that I wouldn't want to be at her house this weekend when they visit. Obvious from the conversation she still agrees with brother's comments about what he does in his house. My next question was have you spoken to him about this? No. It's obvious she hasn't told him that behaviour is unacceptable. I also had to explain why I wished sis-in-law had actually hit me. Astonishingly, my mother brushed it off by saying "well it's only happened once". My answer "and that's what thousands of abuse victims have thought/said".

Apparently, family members have commented favourably about the way I look after my mother. Sis-in-law has also said she's pleased I'm staying in touch with my niece. So why can't she apologise for the totally unacceptable behaviour? Next staggering comment from Mother was so you're not going to consider my position in all this. When I suggested that her stance was condoning domestic violence/abuse, she said she'd never do that. Then we hit a brick wall (metaphorically speaking!). She was getting upset so I refused to discuss it further. None of my comments have made any difference.

Sorry for error in earlier post. Internet mistake for date of UK Domestic Abuse Awareness Week.
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Buffy01, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Buffy01, TunedOut