View Single Post
Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Nov 13, 2019 at 04:38 PM

I was watching a car program on tv about Defensive Driving of which I passed a test for, when something in the program triggered a memory of a near-fatal road accident and this scared me. Recently I started some flashback dreams and woke crying.

Rarely do I ever remember dreams, but though I went unconscious on impact, the memories leading to the accident keeps returning. It is similar to a slow-motion film show and then I wake crying and shaking. My partner helps me with hugging saying that dreams cannot hurt you. But this PTSD dream certainly haunts me.

I am seeing a counsellor to help me with severe anxiety and bereavement, but she doesn't give help for PTSD, so I am in the process of finding a counsellor or therapist, being given time off work.

Thankfully I have been put on a 3-day week, divided over 37.5 hours with the remaining 4 days off. Perhaps my finding a counsellor will enable some healing in this area, but now I am faced with being scared to to sleep. Just the thought of going to bed is causing me to shake, with deep anxiety.

If anyone can offer help, I would so appreciate it.

Thank you so much.
Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes