Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 14, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey 4 View Post
He’s supposed to have an evaluation in January to start getting services. He’s on the cancellation list for something sooner. That’s what his mom said anyway. I don’t know why they didn’t go private to get him help sooner.

Unfortunately, the waiting list for private evaluations can be even longer. I think we were originally on a yearlong waitlist at a private, well-renowned place, then ended up getting in at 6 months. We actually got much faster service from the county.

And to echo what others have say, try not to beat yourself up over screaming at the 4-year-old. He'd just hit you. Sometimes one can act instinctively when that happens. When D was around that age, once she was really upset while we were walking around the neighborhood, and I was trying to pick her up to take her into the house. She swung at me, and I instinctively batted her arm away. I felt awful after that and also feared that a neighbor would have seen it (was in a common area of our townhouse community) and called CPS. And I end up yelling at D at times and have great guilt about it (H does not have the same guilt). But I also know it happens at times.

And this is me just dealing with one child, not three... Also, it's good you were being careful regarding the rules about a nonparent/guardian caregiver bathing an opposite-sex child. I'd check into them to confirm. It may also depend on the child's age (like obviously should be OK for you to bathe an infant).

Hugs from:
Jersey 4, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Jersey 4, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks