Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 14, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
I'd really love to meet others who are believers with a diagnosis. I have DIDNOS, and I'm just starting to come to terms with it. Please note that I have nothing against those of other faith traditions/spirituality.
I have no specific religion. I instead take from many religions what works for me and take a pass on the rest...

related to my dissociative problems I keep my mental health and my spiritual beliefs separate simply because the diagnostic criteria throws out any thing to do with my religious/ spiritual / cultural side of things. …

that does...………..not...…………..mean I cant have a religion, spiritual, cultural beliefs. it just means that my dissociative problems can not be because of any of these things.

for example many people with DID and dissociative disorders feel like they are outside their body. for me that symptom has to be not considered due its a normal religious, spiritual and cultural practice for that which I believe in, was raised in.

since out of body experiences, visions and so forth are part of my native American / spiritual and religions my treatment providers have to address those problems separate from my having dissociative disorders.

strange I know but that's how things are done with the new diagnostics and my having dissociative disorder.

how I have dealt with this conflict was that with my therapist I deal with my dissociative issues and with my native American spiritual guides I deal with the religious/ spiritual/ cultural issues.

Im sorry I cant go more into detail, psych central has a rule of no religious discussions. here is where you will find info on that ….

https://psychcentralforums.com/sanct...itual-support/

No religious talk on this forum

we cant talk about being Christians, or any other specific religions here at psych central. but we can talk about how our spirituality affects our mental health...

example when I am feeling a bit numb and spaced out (my dissociative symptoms) I get in touch with nature by rowing my canoe around the lake. to me nature is something that is very important to me, helps me to feel better about myself, my problems and the world.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote