View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2019 at 09:32 PM

Yes, therapy is helping me cope with moods. Knowing that there is someone I'm deeply connected to who will hear me...listen to me... with the sole agenda being my own well-being
is tremendously strengthening.

I went into therapy because I couldn't do the whole life thing - moods and all else - alone anymore. So bit by bit I really am becoming more capable of learning what my moods are about, recognizing them, how to take care of myself and knowing I have the right to do so. Sounds simple, but it's taken a lot of faith, hope, and practice to say "yes" when I mean it - and to say "no" when I mean it.

As I practice taking care of myself I feel so much more in control; of my moods.

I think that knowing there's someone who is willing to listen to me, willing to understand me, and is interested in helping me to discover "tools" to use is giving me, more and more, the strength and ability to cope.

But.
I have a long way to go before I will be able to feel that I am in control of my mood states and reactions. So I keep working at it as hard as I can - and stay on the medication I need to keep me functioning.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BipolarWolf

Thanks for this!
BipolarWolf, ~Christina