Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Nov 16, 2019 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
Grammarly, in my opinion, is cool. But $29.95 a month exceeds my budget. It still interests me how they come up with their algorithms for correcting writing.

A better way is trial and error.

Revision helps improve writing as well.

I think writing every day would help anyone interested to become a better writer. But then read what you've written sometime with a red pen (or its computer-driven counterpart) and revise!

Writing is a big part of my life. Perhaps I'm biased towards thinking that everyone should learn how to write. However, I still think there's some truth to the sentiment.

Happy writing!

There's no way I'll pay $29.95 or even the equivalent in Pounds Sterling. But that British Council.org is a mighty good place to start, and, it's free.

Since you asked, if you've been trained to use Calculus, then you would know it's used for building algorithms. Though I'm not a mathematician, one application I can think of is its use in optimization, which leads to applications in Machine Learning. If you're interested, you can see it in action in this basic Machine Learning lecture from Stanford: pdf http://cs229.stanford.edu/notes/cs229-notes1.pdf

Every morning I sprinkle matrix derivatives on my cornflakes.

Enjoy your writing.
Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus