lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,517 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2019 at 09:04 AM

What a great thread!

One involved a whole bunch of people. The horse trailer I was towing flipped, trapping the horses inside. People who lived nearby brought buckets of ice to help cool the horses (their body temps were dangerously high from being trapped). People offered to let me keep the horses at their farms until I found a way to get them home. The vet that treated them on site gave me a break on his bill. I can't say enough good about the first responders who made sure I was not hurt and busted their butts to save the horses. (I sent a letter commending them to their boss.) Then there were all the people who stopped to offer help. On one of the worst days of my life so many people offered kindness and help.

Then there were the people at the hospital my husband was taken to after his accident (he later died from his jnjuries). The chaplin, the nurses, the doctors, everyone involved was caring and compassionate.

RowJimmy, thanks for starting this thread. When I first read your post I drew a blank. Now memories are flooding in.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Row Jimmy

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, lightly toasted, mote.of.soul, Row Jimmy