View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2019 at 09:36 PM

I don't know where you are located, but you need to find a trusted financial planner to help you with this. I can't stress this enough. That money should not be in a bank account--most of it , anyway. You need to put it to work for you. It can be a source of income for you, if you do this right.

I've been around and I can tell you that money comes and money goes, if you do not plan very carefully. I once had quite a lot, but it was all driven by a high income. When I got sick and suddenly had no income, I could have been hosed. But I wasn't, because years earlier, I had met with smart, conservative people and put a plan in place on the off chance I became ill. Well, I did. And now I and my kids (and my exes!!) are all okay. Nobody's rich, but bills are paid, place to live, food on table.

So, please, please, plan. Find someone to help you. Protect that asset. If you don't, there is a good chance it will end up dwindling away. Not because you are irresponsible, but because that's what tends to happen to cash.

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Anxiety Princess, LilyMop, shakespeare47, will19