View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Nov 18, 2019 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_Stargazer View Post
This is one of the reasons why I hate social media, because it's so overwhelming for me. Sometimes I will post things up and a few people will hit like, but I won't post a lot of pictures of myself. I just don't like going there because it seems like so many people are addicted to it and I rather not be apart of it. I only have it, to keep in touch with my family and friends. Plus I'm a rather quiet person and I enjoy my private time and an introvert. Social Anxiety is a problem, I wouldn't say it's my number one problem, but it is a problem. Sometimes I get upset if a certain person won't speak to me, I end up feeling as if something is wrong with me. I just want to be accepted by the people I deeply care about. When I feel rejected by them, I get very upset. It only happens to people I deeply care about and who are important to me. If I hardly know them, it won't affect me at all. Anytime a person I deeply care for won't reach out to me, I get upset. Being on Facebook gives me anxiety and I'm always worrying what others will end up thinking of me.
Ok, I know now I'm not the only one with this problem. I am the same way, too. I want to just quit the whole damn thing. But like people in here I understand that it is not going away and it's the only way some of my friends and family communicate. I think because it bothers me so much and all the selfishness I see makes me want to just give up, I can't help but try and work through it. I'm tired of running from my problems. Why can so many people go on and off it and never worry or get upset? It feels like all my anxiety is amplified and it's a permanent record of all my insecurities for anyone to browse through. Like people can just go, hey there's his page let's check it out. Wow! Years of nothing. This guy's life sucks. But look at his wife's page she's so popular! What a loser this guy is. What's wrong with him? I feel so hopeless, like the more I ignore it, the worse it gets! I have enough anxiety with life in general.
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote