View Single Post
bigt3ddy

Member Since Oct 2018
Default Nov 19, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Hello, I have recently been prescribed Zoloft for Panic attacks and generalized anxiety. I am currently taking 25 mg per day in the morning and was told to increase to 50 mg after two weeks. Today is the 7th day at 25 mg. I have felt Ok so far, but the last few nights I've had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep and have felt very anxious in the evenings. I take 0.5 mg Klonopin at night to help with sleep, and have been taking it for several years, but it seems it is not working as well since starting the Zoloft. Last night I really had trouble falling asleep even though I was definitely tired. I started to feel a sort of nervous energy that I just couldn't turn off, so then of course my heart started racing and I convinced myself that something was seriously wrong and I needed to go to the ER. I was pretty close to waking my wife up and telling her to take me to the hospital, but I eventually was able to calm down and get at least maybe 2-3 hours of sleep. So today of course, I'm quite tired and feel overall very anxious. I also suffer from Tinnitus and have for about 3 years. Some days are worse than others, but I feel like the tinnitus is more noticeable since I started the Zoloft. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced side effects like these and if they eventually leveled out and weren't as bad. I am just worried that I'll keep having bad nights, that will lead to more bad days like today. Sorry for rambling, just a bit frustrated.