View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 19, 2019 at 06:58 PM

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback . . . that this is just to be expected when one gets used to an opiate. Yeah, a few hours after my last post, I found a half of a tablet in a pill minder box. Took that, and the day went pretty okay.

Bpcyclist, I do realize that my present discomfiture is uncomparable to what withdrawal can be for those who use opiates in quantities beyond what I've ever tried. I've worked in a jail and seen withdrawal.

That half tablet I took yesterday morning is long petered out. I was doing great until cleaning up after supper last night. Washing dishes sets off low back pain. I couldn't finish the dishes. But sitting in a comfortable chair fixes everything, as long as I stay there. My heart goes out to people who are really in awful pain. That's not my lot in life . . . so far. The pain pills mainly let me be way more active than I would otherwise be. I can prune rose bushes and rake up garden debris. Without these pills that neutralize how sore I get when I do anything, I wouldn't do anything.

So today is dragging, while I wait for that phone call, saying "come get your script." No call today. So, maybe, tomorrow.

I'm not suffering really. I just want to get back to feeling good. I take care of my sig. other, who is terminally ill and very mobility impaired. Helping him from point A to point B involves a fair amount of exertion on my part. Moving him around and cooking dinner and cleaning up is almost beyond me. But hydrocodone makes it all doable. I don't want him to go to a nursing home. After he's gone, I'll go back to swimming at the Y. I'll do healthier things to deal with my stiff, achiness.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, bpcyclist, unaluna