View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Nov 19, 2019 at 07:44 PM

So the narcissist just asked me while I was working if I had something in my room. She then rummaged through my clothes and swore amd stormed off.

I decided then that in the future I will just tell her that I don't have stuff that she wants even if I have it. I'm not obligated to be nice or helpful if they can completely ignore social norms. I learned something similar years ago when a boss asked if I had plans in the evening. I said I did not and she demanded that I work an extra shift to cover for her friend. When I refused, she got really nasty so the next time she asked if I had anything planned, I just lied and said I did. It took me years to realized I had to apply the same rule to my narcissistic sister. I need to remember to withhold information to avoid unnecessary uproar. For those of you dealing with other narcissists, don't feel that you have to be the only pne telling the truth. I will always be honest with other people who are honest, but being obligated to be the only truthful person in a relationship with a narcissist will make you an easy target. I wouldn't consider it immoral or sinful to tell little white lies to save yourself from a chronic lying narcissist.
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mendingmysoul