Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default Nov 19, 2019 at 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotchermuggle View Post
I’ve found that to be genuinely understood by my T, has been very healing. Even if he hasn’t personally experienced it himself, he knows from experience with other clients and study what is going on, described it better than I can, and that generates a lot of relief and healing. Perhaps you haven’t 100% experienced this yet or you have and the longing is for someone in your non therapy part of life to play the same role? Someone who is more accessible to you on a shared person to person level unlike therapists where it’s mostly one sided?
Yeah, at the moment this rings true. I’ve had some struggles with my son which sometimes feel insurmountable and what I’d really like is validation from my mother who is alive, but who I haven’t had contact with for over two years. I’m an adult with a teenage son, but I still sort of crave validation from my mom. Isn’t that funny? I’d like her to tell me that I’m doing a good job and that I’m a good mom because it doesn’t feel that way sometimes. I know I won’t get that from her though and it bums me out. It just feels like the kind of thing that would only have meaning coming from your mom.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
wotchermuggle