View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Nov 19, 2019 at 11:17 PM

I will be very candid ,if you weren't effected by a death of another person ,I would seriously worry about you ?

It's like the party line Mantra of Physicians "every preventable death is a tragedy" try asking one of today's cowardly Physicians about that as in "does that include the ones you caused,neglected or provoked".
They have no answer ,period !

I can tell you as human beings ,empathy and sympathy run through us ,if you can "admit" that ,and be honest with yourself and others ,you are far ahead of the mopes who claim no feelings ,towards a death .
As a 1st responder ,I dealt with alot of death ,and I am an emotional person ,many times after a bad call ,we would go into an alley and just cry ,if for no other reason than respect for the passing of a life .yes It wasn't till the end of my career that CIS teams were being setup, and after many many responders having answered there last alarm by suicide ,there is today an increasing awareness about our overall mental health from Probies to retired and beyond ,many of us "old guys" have ghosts , dealing with them ,keeps you alive no matter how long ago they became our burdens .

"Your never truly dead ,until the living stop saying your name", I can't remember who gets that quote attribution , so being able to reckognize and admit that the death of someone ,bothers you in some way ,is healthy .

None of us want to contemplate a world that doesn't notice our slipping away ,be it suddenly or be it a slow quiet inevitable spiral of a soul that lost its way in a bottle of something along the way .

We only celebrate the souls we know coming into the world ,but as citizens of the planet ,it's healthy to notice and say a little prayer (whatever, whoever you call your god).

All of us ,somewhere everyone has somebody that loved us as family ,if we are lucky a few of them will give us a send off ,when our time comes .
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15