View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 20, 2019 at 05:02 AM

Hey @Rose76 You know I identify and support you but be really careful with requesting your s/o speak of pain he may not have or assuming control over his rx. If he gets drug tested they could nail him and you and I both know that it skates the line as far as legality. Because I am an alcoholic and know what its like to be controlled by a substance but have also suffered chronic pain and had five surgeries in 2 years I feel I am in a unique place. I would never talk to my AA friends about needing pain killers or being prescribed adderall because there are so many people that think every single possible addictive substance means you will go right back to the place you were before you got sober. I mean I talk to one AA friend and my sponsor but overall the recovery community is pretty ridiculous with opinions on these types of meds. I just met with my Pain Man doc Tuesday and requested a med MJ referral. I have tried it twice and once it did nothing and once it was a miracle so she referred me to who they work with to see what he says. I have no idea if its the solution but I do believe that compulsion to take more than needed to ward off something I fear happening will be less. I am only prescribed 2 5mg oxycodone w/o tylenol per day. I have trouble because I hold off until the pain is debilitating and then the two does not do anything. The doc keeps telling me to take them regularly but I am scared to. I abused xanax years ago and was a hot mess yet when my daughter first ran away was able to handle a 2 week supply of valium with no issues. I never used up all the pain killers from my surgeries and just finished up a three-treatment unbearable root canal and just opted for tylenol. Do I think you are addicted? Absolutely. Is that necessarily bad? No. I definitely think you are dependent physically and mentally but that is also not horrible. I am a f**king hazard without my adderall. I am 100% dependent on it. I will go through withdrawals if I stop my cymbalta but I can go without pain medicine for weeks and stop suddenly or not take it. I do not know what my point is here but I support you without judgement.
Keep your chin up and be careful.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist