View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Nov 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM

I've already established just how much I detest doing temporary contract work, so no need to criticize me for hating it.

Anyway. This post is about how passive-aggressive human resources personnel can be (that is mostly due to their passive aggressive personalities).

Example #1
"I don't want to pay the fee to break the contract to hire you."

This is what the HR woman told me when I asked her why she wouldn't consider hiring me for their open front desk position, rather than pay the temp agency that brought me in for an interview.

I thought that was really passive-aggressive, tacky, and totally dismissive of my stellar resume and work experience. In short, telling a job candidate they are not worth hiring, because the company doesn't want to pay a fee is really just rude. It was also her way of telling me, that even if I do a great job as their front desk person, she won't bother hiring me. They have the position posted on their company website. I'm here as a filler. It's insulting.

Example #2
Last week, an outside sales rep yelled at me on the phone. So, I emailed his supervisor, and cc'd the human resources woman (had to, no choice). The outside sales rep's supervisor called me to apologize for his employee's behavior with me on the phone and assured me that I wouldn't be fired.

Yet, the horrid lady in human resources wants to talk to me about it. I assume she is going to "fire" me as their front desk person, otherwise, despite the situation being resolved, I don't see why she'd need to talk to me about it. She won't hire me full-time. I found that to be really strange and off-putting. Why do you need to talk to me to follow up about one of your employees being really inappropriate with me on the phone if the matter was already resolved. It's not like his supervisor didn't check in with her -- I know that he did because he told me he would.

Why do people who work in human resources act so holier than thou, so passive aggressive, so dismissive?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl