View Single Post
LundiHvalursson

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Nov 20, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
How does that even come up in a conversation? Just don't bring up that you are a virgin. Find something else to talk about.
It just pops up randomly a lot of times, or at least somewhat tries to veer the conversation in that direction. Someone, either a man or a woman, might just suddenly say, "Man, dating is hard here. I have not had a relationship for years ever since I moved here." Then they will ask me about my relationship history. Then sexual history. Within less than 20 seconds, they will have shifted the conversation to interrogating me about my sexual history.

Three months ago I was eating dinner with a woman from a meetup. We were talking about how our lives were in the UK since we had studied at the same university there. Then suddenly she blurted out something about liking the pharmacies there because they had good birth control options. She followed this up asking if I ever needed to use birth control. Then if I have ever had sex, am I a virgin, etc. As you can see, this topic just pops up very quickly.

I think that sexual history is a standard by which people use to judge other people here, much more than in other parts of the world. So people often blurt out their sexual pasts in conversations, even to complete strangers. Then they want to know yours as well.
LundiHvalursson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote