View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Nov 21, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Sarah my friend I wish I could carry you around with me! I assert myself with them and get fired each and every time. They are just unreasonable people -- inept, if you think about it!

Like yesterday. The OTHER h.r. lady wanted to impromptly meet with me after a retirement luncheon at this office, so I had no time to find someone to cover the front desk phones and put the phones on voicemail. Well, the gal in a detached office who covers my lunch, found out, and instant messaged me all snarky-like, "what do you MEAN you didn't have phone coverage." What I wanted to write and what I wrote were two very different things.

So, I emailed the h.r. lady and explained to her, that her impromptu meeting with me yesterday after this company retirement luncheon, forced me to put the front desk phones on voicemail b/c everyone in the office was occupied at this luncheon, including the snarky lady who works in a detached office. I explained to her that it was unreasonable for this snarky woman to expect me to find someone to cover phones for HER (h.r. lady's) impromptu meeting (had she pre-scheduled the meeting then I could have asked someone ahead of the office retirement luncheon to cover for me) with me. Now, h.r. lady's door is clsoed and I just want to throw darts at it.

I hate being a temp. Temps are treated like trash all the time.

On the upside, I am going to an interview this afternoon after this hellish temp job day ends at 4 pm to drive to another company for their 2 month temp job that another temp agency contacted me about. If I get the temp job, I would start next week. I hope I get this other temp job.

You know h.r. lady won't take responsibility for NOT setting a scheduled time b/c she could care less about my role as the front desk receptionist. The bad timing around this stupid retirement luncheon and her NEED to meet me with right after, when everyone in the office was still mingling with each other, made it impossible for me to fine phone coverage. So, I will be blamed for putting the phones on voicemail for 15 minutes and probably fired. IF I am not fired, it will be a shocker. Temps get blamed for other employee's bad behavior ALL THE TIME.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl