View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2019 at 05:54 PM

I'm a teacher, though I don't teach a full time schedule, and also I teach adults primarily, but my only advice to you would be to lower your expectations of yourself a little bit.

Teaching is already stressful enough as it is. For me, adding extra stress by making sure everything is perfect is a sure-fire way to make my mood spiral.

Of course, do your job, but approach it with more lightness. Perhaps you can reflect on those negative interactions you've had with students in a positive way. You could just see them as things you can improve upon instead of failures. (I don't know if you see them as failures). But a change in perspective could help. You can come up with constructive ways to phrase things to students who are getting on your nerves. And when you go home, you can leave what happened in the classroom in the classroom (though that's easier said than done, I know). Maybe reflect on the fact that you are probably doing more things right than you are doing things wrong. And perhaps the tide will shift a little bit. I wish you luck!
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
winter4me