View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,878 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2019 at 09:56 AM

“Sister-in-law shouting at my mother and me because we haven't reacted instantly to her dictating attitude.”

^I personally can’t stand when someone does that to me! That was the very reason many of my mom’s dinner parties were outrageously stressful and sometimes fireworks flew between her and other family members. (I was able to laugh it off and not have a meltdown when my mom did it). If someone is going to bark orders at you, there is nothing you can do to make then stop, change, and respect you.

After months since she nearly hit you, she’s certainly not felt remorse and chosen to apologize. Coercing one out of here isn’t going to feel good. She probably still won’t apologize, even if forced. I can imagine you having her pinned to the floor with a fist to her head beating an apology out of her, lol. Forget it, you can’t get this satisfaction.

I had this experience myself with my sister. I certainly never got the apology, even when my husband begged her to. She only got meaner. We haven’t ever spoken again and it’s been a year. This was a wonderful, perfect relationship. We never had one disagreement before. Then over one small conflict, no more sister.

We don’t have Boxing Day in the US. I can imagine your Boxing Day to be you wearing boxing gloves and punching your SIL, lol.