eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
I just find it difficult to earn their trust.
Earning anyone's trust means following through on what you say you will do.

Being responsible with tasks given to you.

Being responsible with your own life. People observe ACTIONS & determine if they correlate with a persons words.

A person who is making a mess of their own life is definitely not someone I would trust with opinions about mine.

Building trust in the first place is easier than trying to rebuild it after it has been lost.

Honestly, some people have been so hurt that they never will trust no matter how hard we try to prove we deserve to be trusted.....but that works both ways.

My now EX-H was so financially irresponsible that I could never trust him to responsibly handle anything.....exactly why he is my EX & I would NEVER trust him again. Would I ever trust anyone enough to get married again.....highly doubtful as they would have to PROVE themselves beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind & not JUST with my own assumptions of what I want to see in them.

Do I trust people.....YES!!!!, those who have proven they can be trusted, those who have provided quality advice, those who have done what they SAY they will do.

What builds trust in me for others is exactly what I need to do to build their trust in me.....BUT I also have to be aware of those who will never trust me or maybe anyone. Ask myself if trust ever existed, what did I do to lose their trust & analyze that situation. Maybe what I did was right & they were trusting me to do something wrong. In which case, would you really want that kind of trust? Every trust situation needs to be analyzed on its own merit.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Serpentine Leaf