Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jan 2015
95k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2019 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer47 View Post
Jennifer, I have been thinking about you. I was worried because I «sensed» that you were not well. So I found you here.

I'm glad to hear that you are to start treatment with Lithium and that you perhaps are starting to therapy again. I am sorry that you don't have any support of the kind of people asking how you are doing and so on. I have only a few, but I have done exactly what you plan to do, built relationships around me in different groups, so that at least there are people that miss me when I don't show up. To hear people say that they missed me last week (or so) has been very helpful. I feel included and that is important. I have taught myself to use a lot of inner praise/affirmations. I mean I am the only one that know all I have been through in my life, so I am the only one who can give me a pat on the back. Like you, I accept that so it is. This is the life I got, but it shall not hinder me to make good use of the rest of it inside the frames that are mine.

Like you I have put my energy into taking care of my general health, the holistic approach. To me that means: keep home clean (am allergic), have my relationship with God in order, keep appointments, focus on being interested in other people, eat healthy, physical exercises, relaxation or Mindfulness, fresh air, and when I'm out of towns to take in the all beauty of nature, to read and maintain my professional knowledge. The frame around this; what keeps it all together, is daily structure. That's why the accountability thread was so good for me, it forced me to plan ahead and try again and again. There is a very good app to help with habits. In case the accountability thread doesn't come into use again, that app may perhaps help you with healthy structure if you feel you need help from outside. It is called HabitBull.

For now please only try your best to take care of yourself from day to day. You are in my thoughts!

When it comes to my life, I feel it is good (or good enough if you prefer that). I live well with different physical diseases and with my depressive tendencies and manage to find a good balance between rest and activity. I am singing in the bathroom again. It's a long time since I did that.

I send my best wishes for you, Jennifer, and hope it will not take so long before the you are over this Psychological «mountain» in your life!

I have not come back to the forums again, but I wanted so much to tell you that you are not forgotten. It gladdens my heart to see that you have a lot of people caring for you here.

Singer
Singer, my friend, I’m so happy to hear from you! Thank you for your kindness and for your message. It means a lot.

I’m glad you are well and singing in the bathroom again.

I do feel amongst people who care here.

I know, I know...life must go on. I still miss you though and wish only the best for you. Warm regards.
Sunflower123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Anonymous49071, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear