Buffy01
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,840 hugs
given
Default Nov 26, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcll View Post
I guess while this applies to my whole family, I’m mainly talking about my mom. I’m a teenager and a couple months ago, before a routine general check-up with my doctor, I told my mom I’d been hallucinating and asked her opinion on whether or not I should tell the doctors. We agreed to forget about it for a while and take action in a couple weeks.

At this point it’s been several months. My family hasn’t tried to get me help, and they’ve all had mixed reactions. My mom has essentially been really open and cruel about thinking I’m crazy. Something small will come up, a couple times I’ve slipped up and asked about things that they couldn’t see/hear, and she’ll look completely disgusted with me.

I’ve asked my dad about his side of the family (he had a schizoaffective brother) and he said I seemed alright though he didn’t completely deny stuff when I brought up how my brother and mom have talked to me.

My mom’s said to my face that I’m mentally ill, crazy, hears voices, days away from suicide, etc, etc...

How do I deal with this? I know just off what I’ve put here, I don’t sound super normal, and this is only the information my family knows about. I’ve been though more stuff on top of it, but don’t mention it to them.

Even when I feel mature and mostly healthy, they’re always making me wonder if I’m just lying to myself and it’s really obvious that I’m sick.
Let me assure you that you are not mentally ill or crazy. There could be a number of reason why you might be hallucinating that may not be link to a mental illness. Is there a counselor that you could talk to about your hallucinating? It possible that your mom is embarrassed because she worried about what other will think. It probably best not to talk to them about it.
Buffy01 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3