View Single Post
Bookworm257

Member Since Jun 2017
16 hugs
given
Question Nov 26, 2019 at 03:23 PM

Hi. This is an issue I no longer deal with, but I want to know if I was suffering from delusions in middle school.
A few years ago, I had my first (potentially second, but first major) episode of depression. It was awful- I was in constant anguish, crying myself to sleep, thinking I was a burden on everyone, stopped doing almost all schoolwork, argued frequently with my dad/ was irritable, woke up wishing I hadn't, and had su!c!d@l thoughts, and all of that.
But I'm wondering if I also suffered from delusions/psychosis. My dad and I had a relationship strain because of my mental health. I was doing and saying crazy things that Iam embarassed to have done now. My thoughts were so distorted, and I was not myself at all. I hated EVERYONE, called them "sheep", etc. My "delusions", if that's what they were, were:
Thinking that I had a "psychic connection" to my mother (whom I haven't seen since I was little), like that she was psychically sending messages to me that she was dead, or that she missed me.
I also thought that other people in my class (only the boys, strangely) could read my mind. I had to monitor my thoughts constantly to make sure I wasn't thinking anything embarassing, gross, or otherwise "judge-able" (lack of better term). This is actually something that began in 6th grade. If I thought something about a boy in my class I would get paranoid that he heard what I said psychically.
Last, I had a selusion of suffering from a condition I wasn't. I thought I had a speech impediment; I've never had one at all.
I kept most of these delusions to myself- I told no one that I thought people could read my mind or that I thought I had a cosmic psychic connection to my estranged mother, but I told people about the speech impediment one.
I no longer suffer from these thoughts, but do you think I was delusional/psychotic?
I was pretty crazy back then. It wasn't my first battle with mental health issues but it was definitely my worst.
Thank you for listening, sorry for rambling.
Bookworm257 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote