View Single Post
TipsyTurtle

Member Since Oct 2017
1 hugs
given
Default Nov 26, 2019 at 08:49 PM

Hello. I was wondering if there are laws a doctor must follow that would make it illegal or malpractice to not reveal the diagnosis of an adolescent to a parent for essentially financial gain? Both me and my wife had been seeing a psychiatrist for our own issues and after years of
observing serious issues with my stepson, I finally convinced my wife him to be seen. The doctor essentially said that my wife would never admit that I was right about him and set a course of basically trying to urge me to leave my wife instead of being straightforward with my wife about the diagnosis of my stepson. Because of the relationship between my wife and stepson, I am certain the doctor knew that my wife would leave as a patient if he told her the seriousness of the child’s problems. I was essentially a scapegoat and this doctor has vindicated my wife by her thinking it is all my imagination and that he is just like every other child. Of course, this assumes the doctor thought nothing could be done for him which is disturbing.
I looked for info on the state licensing board website but could not find anything. I am planning on filing a forma complaint.
Thanks.
TipsyTurtle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky