View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2019 at 05:02 PM

Hi everyone, have any of you ever told your coworkers about your self harm? When I was young and first working my coworkers found out about it because I wasn't very good at hiding it back then and they tried to help and stuff but they weren't always so helpful.

And then later at another workplace I was doing stock outside and it was hot like over 100 degrees so I took my shirt off but had a tank top on and the boss came out and saw my scars and pretty much freaked out and then told all my coworkers. Sigh.

So I have never intentionally told a coworker about it. Now I'm older and I work in an office and I wear long sleeves all the time and no one really knows about it, although I think one coworker might at least suspect. I've been talking to one coworker about my depression and stuff but I've never told her about my self harm or anything like that. I don't know if I will.

I just wondered if anyone here had and if it turned out well or if it turned out bad? I'm always afraid of getting fired for it or something even though I do good work and get complimented on my work all the time. But I don't want to be seen as a "freak" or "mental case" so I don't bring it up. I'm afraid of giving TMI too. But sometimes I just want to be myself and not have to hide. IDK, thoughts or experiences anyone?

HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
Bill3, WastingAsparagus