Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 29, 2019 at 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranara View Post
Thanks to my BPD I have:

**Been abandoned by three "best" friends, with the last one promising over and over again over a number of years that he "understood" my problem and would never abandon me.
Were the abandonments bc of BPD (as in that's what the person held against you n therefore left), or the abandonment feeling the cause of the relationship ending bc of something more specific (lies, needing to move, etc)?

Quote:
**Moved over 2,500 miles in an effort to escape. Of course, it didn't work.
This was definitely impulsive, but do you admit you could have reacted differently, or believe there is no way you could do anything else due to BPD?

Quote:
**Almost lost a job. I didn't, but I was never really trusted again and was replaced in the job I was doing and placed in a much worse situation.
I hate the stigma attached to BPD. I (like every - not black n white thinking in this case - has or will likely go through) have been thru this.It seems society has decided we are just "not good enough" and therefore overlook or dismiss us.

Quote:
I was almost arrested when my abandonment #2 called the police when I wouldn't leave his house when he told me to.
I am sorry you experience the extreme pain (and possibly self blame) associated with abandonment issues. I know what that feels like, and sometimes it is difficult to be in control if our actions or behaviors when the abandonment is fresh or new.

Quote:
**Have no friends. I tend to shut them out before they get too close and have the chance to hurt me, but it leaves me very alone.
I have come to the conclusion most people are not trust-worthy and therefore a would not be a good friend anyway. For this reason I no longer self blame in regards to this, but yes - it is still lonely, which is why I spend more time online than anything else. There are more ppl online to be potential friends than there are in my offline life, so it works out. I am not saying all this to be egotistic, but rather to try to help you deal with this in a way other than pain.

I hope you will start feeling better soon. *hugs*

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue

Thanks for this!
Kathleen83