View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Nov 30, 2019 at 08:57 PM

unaluna since this is a community, I'll just say this: you and I will just agree to disagree 100%.

She is not married anymore. So, he's her ex-husband. And I'm not taking inventory. Her behavior towards me -- her roommate -- is totally unreasonable and passive-aggressive. I pay half the rent.

She didn't check herself in to the hospital either. Her friend and two county workers showed up with the intention of bringing her to the inpatient ward after a temporary stay in the other ward. The psychiatrists released my roommate because she convinced them she was not suicidal or homicidal. Apparently, you can only be one or the other, to qualify for inpatient treatment.

And, since my roommate's behavior has been enabled by her family and friends for the past 5-6 years, she will continue to skate by the mental health system's safety guards and likely NOT receive the quality care she clearly needs, b/c there's no one living with her to monitor her behavior, who is paid by the county, like a PCA would; to make sure she takes her prescribed meds, and goes to outpatient therapy.

Her family and friends are not doing this for my roommate. So, she stays in her bedroom and does nothing and lets her family and friends enable her behavior.

I am not her PCA. I just wanted to rent a room! I deserve to be treated with respect as her roommate regarding her turning off the lights, eating my food, demanding I feed her son when he temporarily stayed here, bringing in her mail, paying to deal with a mouse infestation in her house, feeding her cat, doing housework and her laundry. I am not her personal care assistant and was thrown into that role through no fault of my own, by the roommate and her sister keeping her mental illness and ongoing hospitalizations a secret from me.

That is not kosher to keep all of this information secret from a roommate. I expected to be moving into a SAFE environment. You and I clearly have different definitions of that word, "safe." Doesn't matter that we're from a different generation either.

If I would have known this is who my roommate was upfront, I would have taken my chances with the craigslist roommate and her situation. There is something to be said for living in a roommate situation where you feel physically and mentally safe. Your lack of empathy is astounding. Thanks.

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets