Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
66.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 01, 2019 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Sorry, but your snarky tone and complete lack of empathy with your responses in my thread says otherwise.

Just because my roommate's not like Jack Nicholson axing through the bathroom door in a maniacal way at Shelly Duvall, doesn't mean she's created "safe" environment for me to live in as her roommate.
I wish you would point out where you are getting snark in my tone, or a lack of empathy. I admit, empathy does not come natural to me, because i was not raised with it. I was raised with constant sarcasm (and criticism), which i try to keep out of my posts, even "funny" ones. I recognize how serious this situation is for you, and i truly feel for you.

I agree, she has not created a safe environment. Her sister tries to make it safer, or safe enough.

I see similarities between this and your recent temp jobs. Like, they keep throwing you the ball, but for some reason you dont run with it. I wish those had turned out better for you. I used to temp, and even when you work your heart out, they tell you youre too slow. Wtf. Plus you are truly alone.

I think you have more freedom to take more responsibility and make more positive choices than you realize. To take action. I am rooting for you to find solutions.

Like they say, it is easier to get forgiveness than to get permission.

Eta - re your response to OE - I can hear my own mother saying to me, "why do you care what SHE does? Just do your own work!" So i have voiced similar gripes. I think its a boundary issue. I know i had very bad boundaries most of my life.