*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 01, 2019 at 06:24 PM

^^^^ Twinkies - hilarious!

Like most people I've met many strangers who made an imprint. The first one who comes to mind is a woman I met in Manhattan, in Little Italy. I was walking along the sidewalk and you know how sometimes you're walking near somebody, then you either have to slow down or walk faster or else it will be kind of like you're walking with them,. which would be awkward?

Well, that's what was happening with this lady and I. It was on the verge of awkward when she slowed down to walk next to me. She introduced herself as "Ann" and we shook hands. I told her that I absolutely loved Little Italy and she told me that she'd lived there all of her life. She was a small Italian lady with short, thick, pure-white hair and large, brown eyes. During our few blocks conversation she said, "I live right next door to Robert Di Niro's mother, she's been my neighbor for years. He comes to visit her every now and then; real nice guy."

We talked about a few things, then we came to a corner, she said, "Well, this is my street. Enjoy your visit here and take care!"

I still think about Ann and wonder how she's doing.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, winter4me