View Single Post
TeaVicar?

Member Since Apr 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2019 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
For those constantly checking your T's texts (not sure how you can even do that -- must be something other than regular text messaging), maybe consider how this would feel if you found out someone was constantly checking your cyber/text history? I'm wondering if you would feel comfortable knowing that someone was so constantly wound up in checking on you like that. I don't mention that as shaming so much as perhaps thinking about this from the receiving end might help you regulate your own behaviors a bit so they aren't so seemingly consuming like you describe them. I honestly wouldn't be comfortable with my own husband constantly doing something like that; (I'd tell him to get a life. LOL!)

Sometimes considering how it would be to be on the receiving end of what we say or do is a way to slow ourselves down and think differently about what we say and do.
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. No one is hacking into their T's text history... just some people who communicate with their T's via whatsapp can see when their T was last online, that's all. And I think you can turn this function off on whatsapp anyway.

Look, this is the romantic sub forum, so it kind of goes without saying that people posting in the subforum may be a little fixated or obsessive about their therapists. As long as people are bringing it up in session, what's the harm?! This is why most of us are in therapy in the first place., you know... unhealthy attachment styles etc!

This particular thread was set up by someone who wanted to vent and express her feelings... she didn't ask for a moral critique.

Thanks for this!
just2b, LonesomeTonight